Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thursday's to Celebrate

Part of my rule of life is to take Thursday lunches and determine what the Lord has placed in my life that I can celebrate. I think there are always going to be some of the "usual" things, like my beautiful bride, my adorable and active son, (hopefully) the fact that I am employed where I love working, and the wonderful community of Exodus that surrounds me. I would like to stay away from using those things though, and see where You are working uniquely within the week.

This week I'll start with the willingness of my community to break the norm of Sundays mornings and worship at The Window. Lord, that was pretty awesome to me. We had some predictions of lower numbers than normal, but everyone, even Aisha and the boys, were there. They hadn't been for a while so I wasn't sure they even knew what was going on, but seeing those boys work was inspiring for me. Plus it continues to give me hope for the future. So I celebrate Your people joining with You!

My classes have actually really started off well also. I haven't had too much trouble with specific students that I was worried about. And the lessons seem to actually interest the students. Besides those things, I am actually energized by the semester so far. So I celebrate my energy and the students attentiveness and activity.

Also, Monday night's leaders meeting was really good. I enjoy the fact that we are all coming together to support each other in our own Rule's of Life. I especially am pumped about the accountability part of the exercise. I know that I've already slacked on some parts of my rule, and I need someone to tell. I haven't dedicated the time to prayer that I wanted. But I celebrate the fact that I have brothers walking with me.

Those are the major things that stand out today. I continue to pray for my eyes to find celebration in my every day routines.

No comments: