FRIDAY 3.14.08 – PHILLIPIANS 3:16–17
Only let us live up to what we have already attained. Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you.
Lord, thank You for a great teaching meeting last night. I feel energized again about the group of pastors, group of people, group of disciples that I am apart of in following You. I'm reminded again yesterday, two different times actually, how refreshing honesty can be. At tennis practice I confronted one of my players about his attitude and the conversation ended with him saying he was glad I talked to him. At teaching meeting Joel confronted us with his frustration and the night ended with all of us saying that this was a good night.
Interesting thing about the verse today: "Only let us live up to what we have already attained." I believe as I pulled up this verse in Bible Gateway, that the context here is that we should live up to the things about Christ that we know. Certainly we are always growing and learning and seeing more clearly if we are truly following as a disciple. I think that this verse is saying, what you know, do that. What you don't know, don't worry about that yet. That's what Paul does.
Today, I want that to be true of me but also my community. And that's my prayer. Transform people, Lord, so that they can live what they know. Transform me, so that I can live up to what I've already attained. And that's where I'm going to end, short and sweet. Lord, let me meditate today on the Word. Let it sink into me throughout my comings and my goings. Amen.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment