Today I finished up my reading of the Psalms. Last weekend when my forty days finished we were actually at my parents house on a marriage retreat weekend with the entire Exodus Community (all of the 4 families - minus Micah). It was a wonderful, enriching time of thinking about our marriages, and thinking of Courtney as a gift that I've been given.
But, in that, I ran out of time to either talk to You through the blog and to read the rest of the texts I had planned on. I had wanted to get through the Psalms in the last forty days, but I got stopped 6 psalms short of that goal. Not a real big deal.
But today I decided to pick that reading up and get through the rest of the psalms. Each of the psalms that I came across were lavishing praise upon the Lord. For being unfathomable, for Your glorious splendor, for Your awesome works, for building up Jerusalem, all things that have breath praise the LORD.
This weekend, when I wasn't reading, my heart was restored to me. My passion for both my marriage and for this life that we're living was renewed. My will to live for You was rebuilt. It seems in the rest and relaxation, in the letting go, in the living I found my praise. I found reasons to praise. Now in coming back from that I have found the appropriate texts for this praise.
You seem to speak through Scripture to me at exactly the right time. Even as today unfolds, I am finding reason upon reason to praise. And it was placed on me early this morning, in my path through psalms.
Maybe this is where the focus upon Your will starts. In the praise. In where we've been and hope for where we're going. Help me to live in this praise, in this place of hope, in these psalms of hallelujahs. For within this life You provide the simple way of praise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment